Previz 3.1.14 #
Released on Jul 3, 2018
- Added a new caching mechanism for our CDN generated urls. In tests this can give up to a 30% speed responsiveness increase on the api performance.
- Drag and drop from content area > sequencer wasn't working when you had the content in a grid view. We've fixed that.
- The sidebar animation on the content detail view as jaggy for some users. To simplify it, we've just turned it off.
- Removed a few cases where we might have shown the drag+drop upload overlay incorrectly.
Previz 3.1.13 #
Released on Jun 28, 2018
- We've done more work on the assets explorer. Added new optimisations for frequent actions, a better detail side view, fixed a few layout oddities at different sizes and more.
Previz 3.1.12 #
Released on Jun 28, 2018
- Fixed an issue that was stopping some brand new projects from correctly saving new timeline/sequencer data.
Previz 3.1.11 #
Released on Jun 25, 2018
- Ran a review and fixed up asset paths on legacy projects that might have been incorrect. And while we were at it, re-generated and optimised a set of new thumbnail sizes app wide.
- Updated the base image sizes to use pow2 sizing. The sizes we generate are now scaled around 4096, 2048 and 1024 px square (as best possible to fit from the original asset size). It helps the WebGL render run things quicker.
- Fixed the sidebar cost not showing the currently selected period cost on the signup modal.
Previz 3.1.10 #
Released on Jun 20, 2018
- Added a new loader spinner on public pages to show what's going on under the hood in the early stages of loading
- Improved asset handling loading for critical asset mappings. We prioritise critical asset loading on public pages to optimise for visibility and creating a working scene as fast as possible.
- Fixed a bug where changing the period of an active plan from monthly>annual wouldn't always correctly update the base plan.
Previz 3.1.8 #
Released on Jun 14, 2018
- Released an updated Cinema4D plugin, now at version 1.2.1. This has a fix for a numerical header issue related to some specific versions of a user's C4D install.
- Changed how Archiving a project works. It's now a little smoother and immediately updates your project listing. You can see any archived projects by changing the project filter. They're hidden by default in the normal project lists.
- Updated the background paths on the app's error pages to use absolute paths, not relative. Even when things go wrong you should see a nice view.
- Fixed an issue with annual pricing which could pick up the wrong total price when you added more members to a team.
- Fixed another issue related to scenes which had no tracks (which shouldn't really be possible anyway). Now, if you do not have any tracks, we handle it gracefully and fix it on the fly if we see it.
Previz 3.1.9 #
Released on Jun 14, 2018
- Sped up the background asset processing job queue by removing some unnecessary notification steps and bundling the final cleanup into a single step.
- Fixed a bug where uploading from the asset modal could have triggered the upload twice. (and the same with action confirm prompts).
Previz 3.1.7 #
Released on Jun 12, 2018
- Added the ability to dismiss the trial nag banner that's shown at the top of the app if you're within an active trial.
- Improved the loading of account data to be much much quicker.
- Improved the timeline and scene data to only store the minimum it needs so everything loads a little quicker from the api next time. Speed is the name of the game.
- Fixed a bug where annual pricing on the over page was not properly dividing by 12 to show the proper amount being paid. The actual amount was always correct, just the overview page looked slightly off.
- Fixed a bug where changing subscription levels while on a trial would cancel the rest of the trial. If you can from Pro > Pro+ while on a trial, the rest of your trial should totally continue as normal.
- Fixed an uncaught undefined error
Previz 3.1.6 #
Released on Jun 5, 2018
- Fixed an issue where public pages for projects would sometimes fail to load if the project had lots (and we do mean lots) of assets mapped. It'd get confused and only map the first ~50 assets, and ignore the rest.
Previz 3.1.5 #
Released on Jun 5, 2018
- Fixed a better fallback handling for failed assets where we don't have any nice image to show. Now it'll at least show a working thumbnail as a last resort.
- Fixed the activity stream service to handle empty body activity states. When would there be an empty activity body you ask? We don't know either, but if there ever was it'll now be handled gracefully instead of falling over.
- Fixed a bug that stopped some member roles being able to be updated by users with proper permissions.
- Fixed an issue where resources were missing their created/last updated dates which caused them to show unexpected data in the api.
Previz 3.1.4 #
Released on Jun 4, 2018
- The logging for legacy api usage caught a few error states we'd missed. Cleaned up and now they're all pretty again. Realistically - 99.9% of users would never be able to ever see that but it's good to clean up after yourself.
Previz 3.1.3 #
Released on May 31, 2018
- Fixed a routing bug when going through the upgrade process, which would sometimes lose your previous context so hitting the [back] button in an upgrade would take you to the team overview, not always where you just came from.
- Fixed a bug where we weren't properly setting the active team if you loaded in directly to the billing overview area.
Previz 3.1.2 #
Released on May 25, 2018
- The members tab now includes guest users at the bottom of the list, along with their access and options for them.
- Accepting an invitation is now even quicker - if you've just clicked an email link for an invitation we don't immediately require you to re-validate you have access to that email. It was a weird extra double-email step. Now (where possible) the join process is slightly quicker.
- Fixed a bug affecting limited member invites not picking up the full project limits if you added multiple limited projects beyond a certain count.
- Fixed a few js warnings relating duplicated keys and mutators on some member storage data.
Previz 3.1.1 #
Released on May 23, 2018
- Released an updated Cinema4D plugin, now at version 1.2.0. We should have actually released this as part of 3.1.0, but somebody (me) forgot.
Previz 3.1.0 #
Released on May 23, 2018
- Released a new version of the Blender integration plugin. It's now at 1.4.0.
- Added some extra handling to the publish share page handling to catch some edge cases more gracefully and allow for retries if things fail.
- Cleaned up the project loading calls to not pre-emptively fetch extra team data. When you're in a single project it's not immediately useful so we'll just wait until you need it to get it.
- Changed the filesize formatting shown in the team overview area to be limited to a single decimal place. ie. 43.4mb not, 43.42mb.
- Added an improved fail state handling to the new assets explorer to allow retries quicker for uploads that failed mid-action.
- Introduced a new backend service to calculate storage usage on a per-team, and per-project basis. This replaces the old way of dynamic calculation we used that just wasn't scaling how we'd like.
- Added some new internal tools to monitor for edge case access on legacy format api routes. Sounds fancy - it's really not. We just want to make sure that legacy users have the chance to move to non-depreciated formats before we close them down.
- Fixed the project settings page not loading correctly if you loaded it directly on some project states.
- Updated the format of the legacy api ids to conform to the newer format.
- Fixed asset websocket listeners to use the same new id format so they receive the events quicker with proper authentication checks.
- Fixed some assets not showing previews in the sequencer workspace. You can't sequence content using a tiny 30px thumbnail now can you?
Previz 3.0.4 #
Released on May 21, 2018
- Found (and fixed) a bug that prevented a project loading if you loaded it directly, it was a small project, and you had (and lots) of teams. It was actually caused by a race condition in the api responses which took a while to track down.
Previz 3.0.5 #
Released on May 21, 2018
- Added a compatibility shim to the api return for some older plugins (looking at you Blender) so they don't throw errors if the return data doesn't contain a 'name' value.
Previz 3.0.3 #
Released on May 18, 2018
- We've changed how money formats are shown throughout the app. Before they'd show with the full decimals like - $99.00, but now they'll show like $99 instead. It's a small change but makes it look a little neater. If you do end up with a non-rounded amount showing we'll still show the proper decimals for you then.
- Fixed a missing member limit on free plans. Free plans only get a single member and are designed for use Solo. To use with a team, try out one of the Pro plans.
- Hidden the option to "End Subscription" when you're on a team is on a Free plan. It doesn't make sense to be able to end a subscription they don't even have. You can still Close the team from the settings area, which has the same effect.
- Fixed a bug on subscription management page where the [back] link wasn't going to the right place.
- Fixed a missing action that triggered the "Confirm your email" message sending out. It'd work the first time, but there's a button to resend. If you tried to resend it wouldn't have done anything. Sorry about that.
Previz 3.0.2 #
Released on May 17, 2018
- Fixed a stupid spelling error - it's SignupAction not SingupAction. We do like Singing it up, but it's not really relevant for the registration process.
- Fixed a permission check error that would stop a member leaving a team if they weren't an admin. Technically - the permissions check was exactly right, but we needed to add a special case for removing your own member record from a team, so you can always leave a team, even if you don't have any permissions to modify other member's on that team. It's the little things.
- Fixed some brand new users not getting a team role on a deep access check. That's used in the audit controls which run in the background but it helps confirm proper access and monitor for unusual activity later, so it's important.
- Fixed a bug creating a new project using the new "Start from Template" option when you have only one team.
Previz 3.0.1 #
Released on May 17, 2018
- Fixed a missing is_pro flag on some team states. We use those flags to show or hide the "Upgrade to Pro" message in the sidebar so it'd be nice if they actually showed properly for all the right teams.
- Fixed an invalid user permission check on a deep check to see if users could see specific tabs within the scene config panel. Double negatives for the win.
Previz 3.0.0 #
Released on May 17, 2018
Previz 3 is here! 🎉
We're really proud to unveil the next milestone for Previz.
The biggest news is our new pricing plans! We've simplified the whole setup and introduced a brand new Free Plan! There's now 3 main pricing tiers : Free, Pro and Pro+.
Added to that we've reworked the whole UI, reworked and refined how teams work in the app, and made things so much slicker and quicker. We think you'll love the changes.
A brand new "Start From Template" option helps get projects off to a flying start by letting creators start from a set of common scene configurations and modify from there. It'll get you moving on your next project in seconds.
We've also given special attention to the content handling with a fully refreshed assets handling. New refined UI, drag and drop uploads, advanced upload streaming features and more. It's super slick.
- Say hello to the new 3.0 pricing structure. We've gotten rid of per-user pricing, and simplified things down to a much simpler setup. There's 3 plans - Free, Pro, and Pro+. The Free plan is ideal if you want to have a look around, work solo on a project, or need to setup a new team ahead of scaling things up for a larger project. The Pro and Pro+ plans both come with a 14 day trial too, so you can try out all the extra features for teams and content handling that's included in those.
- We've updated how the teams are organised and managed in the UI. You'll see the new sidebar shows all your available teams, and the various options for member management, billing and options there.
- With the new pricing changes we've now added some feature gating to the app - if you need to use video content with your project you'll want to be on the Pro plans, etc. Don't worry - regardless of your plan level all you can try out all the features on the included demo projects and see exactly what Previz is capable of. It'll change how you work with your team.
- The Assets Explorer has been fully reworked and now supports more ways to work with your content. New filtering abilities, updates and fixes across the board make working with your content a breeze. A warm summers breeze. Enjoyable even.
- The new assets handling brings in Drag + Drop uploads. Just drag content in and we'll take it from there.
- We've improved how modal transitions are handled. It's a small change for most, but it feels so much smoother and quicker we thought we'd mention it.
- A brand new Access Control List model in the backend reworks how we handle permissions and audit controls on all aspects of the security model through the app.
Previz 2.12.0 #
Released on Apr 30, 2018
- Added new support for offline payment. If you've got special requirements, need to pay via an alternative method, need custom invoicing or bulk payments on accounts, just reach out to email@example.com and we'll be able to help.
- The new offline payment support works pretty much exactly as normal in-app payments, but there's a tweaked UI in the team billing area to show how you've paid, and reach out to your account contact for assistance.
- Along side with offline billing, this also added limited plan time options to allow for subscriptions to run for specific time periods then auto-expire at the end without attempting further renewals. Ideal if you're tied to a specific production run for a project.
Previz 2.11.4 #
Released on Apr 26, 2018
- Fixed a teeny-tiny bug that affected in-progress uploads and how we showed the generated thumbnails as they were being processed. We were returning a url slightly too soon for the thumbnail before even the file was ready for access on the CDN. We delay it ever so slightly now just to fix the race condition.
Previz 2.11.3 #
Released on Apr 24, 2018
- Fixed a bug where the some of the checkbox inputs in the scene config panel would appear to be editable when a project was locked. They weren't but due to the vagaries of html disabled/readonly handling it'd look like they were.
Previz 2.11.2 #
Released on Apr 4, 2018
- Added a fix to make sure the title of a scene is read only when it shouldn't be editable. (ie. most of the time)
- Relaxed a subscription check to allow secondary teams to get a trial period on new subscriptions if the old plan was only ever on a free plan. You should always be able to get a free trial at least once. The more teams the better.
- Updated a bug that stopped hard deletions of projects from updating the project list without a refresh. It made the list view look weird - the project you'd just deleted would still be showing in the list until it refreshed, which is not what anyone wants.
Previz 2.11.1 #
Released on Mar 29, 2018
- Added a missing “source” variable to the scene config panel. It’ll now show up where a scene was uploaded from in the config panel - ie. “Uploaded yesterday from Blender”. It’s rather helpful.
- Fixed a bug where project invitations to guests were getting an improperly formatted url for direct access to the projects.
- Introduced an improved backend for how we handled storing meta data on uploaded scenes from 3rd party integrations.
- We’ve improved the 404 handling on the api error controller. Before you could get an unformatted html error page if you hit an invalid api route, now we’ll return a nicely formatted response in the requested json format.
Previz 2.11.0 #
Released on Mar 28, 2018
- Added a new Locked and Demo state labels to projects.
- Demo projects can not have their scene data modified, but you can freely update new content, and work in the sequencer
- Locked projects are just that - locked in a read-only mode. It's ideal for client previews, or when you want to freeze the state of a project. Projects in locked mode are still 100% usable, but they will not change in any way. You can enable the locked state from the Project Settings page (just click the project title in the nav from the project view)
- You can also filter down locked, demo and active projects in the filters for projects on the home page.
- Again, fixed the height calc on fullscreen viewer on the public pages. It's a tricky one. One fix here, break things elsewhere in a different browser.
- Updated the rendering of image mappings in the viewer to use a linear render to better handle non-exact size differences. The mapped images now look a little sharper and run a little quicker. Bonus!
- Change the cursor on the viewer to be a grab handle.
Previz 2.10.3 #
Released on Mar 26, 2018
- Removed demo flags showing on the corner of project cards. That's not ready yet. (it's in-progress for the 2.11 release, so just hold your horses)
Previz 2.10.2 #
Released on Mar 25, 2018
- We've enabled full scene minification at all levels. Scenes will now load 25 - 50% quicker across the board. This covers both older scenes and newly updated scenes! You don't have to do anything. Supergreen.
- Updated project cards to make the title a link to the project too. Previously, the link was only on the image.
- Fixed a bug where team members where hidden on the team overview tab.
Previz 2.10.1 #
Released on Mar 22, 2018
- Fixed a bug in the screenshot handling backend. The server would reject a handful of perfectly valid screenshot requests for no damn good reason. We've given it a talking to, and it's promised to keep in line now.
Previz 2.10.0 #
Released on Mar 21, 2018
- The second part of our master CDN phase is now live! We've enabled our new edge location caches globally, and there's a massive 25-50% speed increase across all resources. We're super happy with how it's behaving - if you're seeing any issues, make sure you've done a good refresh to pick up all the new settings.
- Added per-scene and track screenshot identifiers - we know store additional info about when a screenshot what taken and what it was covering. There's a new track cover image you'll see in the play controls to make it easier to tell what each track looks like in preview before loading it.
- Fixed a markup error on the team pages, when you had both open invitations and many already active team members, and tried to update a member's role permission.
- Added improved wording and handling when team trials expire. The wording is slightly nicer now, and it's easier to see what the next steps might be.
- Updated all role badges and labels to be consistent in wording and color app wide. There was a weird erroneous orange guest badge hidden somewhere in a less-visited settings page. Did you see it? 10 points for Gryffindor.
- Fixed a bug where you could let an active subscription fully expire, then start a new subscription on a different plan level, and get a fresh 14 day trial! I mean - that's nice and all, but not really fair, so now you can only get a trial the first time on (any) subscription.
- Updated the UI on the plan selection, so if you were on an expired subscription, you can re-select the same plan level you used to be on.
- Fixed a missing team name on the invitation redeem view. It helps to know what the name of the team you're about to be joining.
- Updated the handling of redeemed guest invitations so they now show the proper "This invite has already been used" wording if the link is re-loaded after it's use. (Just the same as member level invites do)
- Tweaked the styling on the guest only nav. It's no longer smaller. Same nav height for all. The fairer way.
- Fixed a mobile breakpoint mis-calculation on the new member + guest team filters. They were hiding way too early, even if you were on a tablet sized view, and that simply wouldn't do.
- The seat assignment UI should have had a red (for removing) and blue (for adding) color attached to the seats when you updated. Those colors were lost somewhere. This brings them back.
- Fixed a(nother) fullscreen height calculation bug for the viewer. This is like trying to lay a carpet. It keeps popping back up again.
Previz 2.9.4 #
Released on Mar 15, 2018
- Updated the Publish nav bar item to only be visible to non-guests. We were tantalising some guests with showing the nav item, but they couldn't actually access the publish page. What teases!
- Fixed a height bug on the viewer on public pages. It was getting a little bit too much height on really wide screens.
Previz 2.9.3 #
Released on Mar 14, 2018
- Reworked the styling on the progress bar. It's a little bit bigger, more transparent, and has moved up somewhat. All things that 99% of people would never notice, but every pixel counts.
- Updated the size of the image previews we're returning for published page meta headers - turns out some third party services (looking at you Slack) have hard upper limits to the sizes of preview image they will accept and render. We've gone a little safer, so they'll show for all the services we've found to test with. Happy link sharing.
Previz 2.9.2 #
Released on Mar 13, 2018
- Updated the meta data headers on share pages to help third party integrations show better previews of the published pages. You should see a nice preview image and title now showing up Slack/Twitter/Facebook etc..
Previz 2.9.1 #
Released on Mar 6, 2018
- Fixed a bug on the server side handling to dropbox uploads. Upload massive files again to your heart (or dropbox's) content.
Previz 2.9.0 #
Released on Mar 5, 2018
- Say hello to the new Publish option for projects!
- Publishing a project lets you create a publicly accessible view for a project - you can share that link anywhere you'd like and give people a read-only access. We're still polishing off a few bits on this, so it's labelled as beta for now. Give it a go, and let us know what you think! We love to hear your feedback
- We've also added new filter options on the members and guests tables.
- The latest and greatest versions of the Blender and Cinema4d integrations are out now
- When you're on a team within a trial period, we've added a more noticeable banner to let you know how long you've got left in your trial, and more options.
- Fixed a bug where scenes wouldn't properly be removed from local memory when deleted in the web app. It was mostly invisible unless you immediately recreated a scene with the same source model, at which point it (rather confusingly) pulled in the settings of the just deleted scene. No more.
- Added a bit of extra wording and feedback during the initial team setup process. It still takes just as long, but now at least it tells you what's going on under the hood.
- Fixed a bug where you couldn't always select a specific track from the play controls if it was in a bad state.
Previz 2.8.1 #
Released on Feb 22, 2018
- Updated the integration plugins to the latest version for both Blender and Cinema4D
- Fixed a bug where filtering down your projects would trigger the low count view for projects, and then hide the filter bar! Doh. The low count trigger now properly counts the total number of projects on your account, not just those you can currently see shown.
- We've fixed a handful of bugs related to account management, and refactored some of the relationships for better consistency.
- Accounts API return data format is now more consistent.
- Changed how the "You need to update your profile" prompt works on the backend.
- If you visited the path `/projects` without a project slug it would have 404'd before. Now it nicely redirects you.
- Fixed a bug where new signups were not properly picking up the limits on the number of members allowed on their plan. Ever account, outside of a few limited accounts, has unlimited members like they should.
- Fixed a few inconsistencies on the data types of height, width, size and length as returned on Asset data types from the api. Now they're all properly fully cast to integer values like they always should have been.
Previz 2.8.0 #
Released on Feb 20, 2018
- We've gone over the backend up given it a big cleanup! It's only February, but let's call this early spring cleaning ok? As a side effect of that, some parts of the app are quicker - you'll be able to see it if when you're sequencing large pieces of content in the sequencer.
Previz 2.7.5 #
Released on Feb 8, 2018
- Fixed an authorisation issue for one of our background processing job tools. Regular users will see no difference, but our developers are slightly more happy. Slightly. Not giddy, but at least we can debug the queue state a bit easier now
- There was a bug on the join pages that stopped them working neatly if you submitted the form via a keyboard input, instead of clicking the large, friendly, green "Lets Go" button. What were we thinking? You can now submit it all via keyboard inputs properly as is good and proper.
Previz 2.7.4 #
Released on Feb 7, 2018
- Added a special case to handle the app loading state if the main team or projects api endpoints fail. They never should, but on the super rare occasions they do (usually because of network issues), the app looked like it was still trying to load the data. Now, instead it'll show a sad little face, and let you know something has gone wrong, with some steps to try to fix it.
- Lots of new users will only have a few 3-4 projects when they're just starting out. We've tweaked the display of the dashboard for you - the project cards show slightly larger, and the project filter bar is hidden.