Previz 2.4.9 #
Released on Nov 23, 2017
- There was a transition bug when loading the project list for the first time. Now it's buttery smooth.
- Fixed some minor calculation bugs in durations of images and videos within the timeline sequencer.
- There was a typo in how we set the current time during playback. No more.
- We broke a reference in the guest invitations in the last release. Curse you 2.4.8. Fixed again now.
Previz 2.4.8 #
Released on Nov 22, 2017
- Found (and fixed) a bug in our web-sockets connection code that were throwing up annoying messages. Would you have seen the messages? No. Did we fix them anyway. Of course, that's why it's listed here.
- The main projects list has gone on a diet. Faster load times for all.
- In the project > config > pixel maps tab you can set pixel maps for your scene meshes from a library of standard pixel map options. This uses the same visual style as the main assets list, and the "Upload" button from the assets view was showing here. We don't currently support custom pixel maps (but we plan to in the future). For now, that option is hidden again.
- Fixed a bug that caused a problem in the timeline sequencer when you tried to add a video asset of an unknown length. In the timeline we try set a module length to same length as the asset assigned, but in some edge cases, we don't know the asset length, so we default to some sensible value instead now.
- While we were at it, we cleaned up some legacy permission data for teams + projects that have been removed. If you were ever seeing legacy projects listed in an integration that you couldn't see in the web app, this was why. They're properly hidden in all places now.
Previz 2.4.7 #
Released on Nov 20, 2017
- The download links for the latest (and greatest) versions of the Previz plugins for Cinema4D and Blender were temporarily broken. All patched up now.
Previz 2.4.6 #
Released on Nov 20, 2017
- Annual pricing wasn't displaying correctly on the join overview pages the first time they were viewed. Whoops! Prices show up correctly now.
- There was an issue with highly complex scene geometry and how we deal with intermediate targets during our render cycle. This could sometimes cause render times to balloon and cause problems from the app becoming unresponsive, to full on crashes. To fix it, we've changed how the offending render node handles things, removed some of the offending loops and generally smoothed things out. No more unexpected crashes as things get hot and heavy.
Previz 2.4.5 #
Released on Nov 15, 2017
- Never be out of date again! Previz now checks it's running the very latest release while you're in-app. If there's ever a newer release available, you'll see a lovely new notification bar letting you know, and prompting you to refresh to get the new version.
- As part of the auto-update notifications we've also reworked how the app builds and caches it's components - hard refreshes are a thing of the past.
- Viewer camera's are now locked by default, and there's a brand new UI found in the Scene config workspace to allow you modify all their settings. Play around with the field of view to your heart's content.
- The new behaviour for cameras / bookmarks within the viewer introduced in 2.4.4 was slightly unexpected for some users. We hate unexpected surprises just as much as you, so we've tweaked things so it's actions are more similar to the older behaviours. Previously (ie. before 2.4.4) the cameras moved freely and the bookmarks were simply preset locations. In 2.4.4 we changed that so each camera operated independently. It made sense on a local desktop 3d package where you might be the only operator, but in the shared workspace that is Previz, wasn't as sensible. 2.4.5 brings back the behaviour of presets, while using our new fangled multi-camera setup. Everyone's happy.
See a behaviour you're not sure about? Just reach out, we love talking to users about things they'd like to see in Previz.
- The button sizes for the camera controls in the viewer were a little too small on some devices. Consistency is key.
- Sometimes users could see the camera edit buttons even if they didn't have permissions to edit said cameras. All the controls properly hide now.
- During the first load sometimes there was a flicker while the sidebar appeared. No more! The sidebar will now stay like the rock solid foundation it always should be.
- The link to invite a guest from the team > invite area was not working! Doh. When we removed the restrictions on guest limits we missed a check here. Unlimited guests for all.
Previz 2.4.4 #
Released on Nov 9, 2017
- We've rethought how bookmarks work. Bookmarks are now actually their own cameras. You can now specify settings on camera's (or bookmarks if you want to call them that) which previously could only be set on the scene itself. You can set Near, Far, and Field-of-View values directly on bookmarks as well as simple 3d locations. Perfect for previews of camera setups for film & tv productions.
Previz 2.4.3 #
Released on Nov 6, 2017
- You can now create multiple teams, directly within the app. (Previously you had to log out again, and go through the main signup flow again). Want to create a new team? You'll find the new link in your Account area, imaginatively titled "Create a new Team" - hey - we're developers, not wordsmiths.
- If a tree falls in the forest and there's no one to hear it, does it make a sound? We don't know, but we do know that if you're a Previz member, and not on any teams (ie. if you've been removed from the teams you were on), you'd have seen an annoying error message. We've fixed that now, and we show you some next steps instead.
- How much storage is your team using? 2516582kb? 2.4gb is more like it. Fixed a bug where the storage usage count wasn't rounding to the nearest TB/GB/MB/KB marker correctly. While we were at it, also fixed a bug where the total storage limit wasn't properly multiplying by the number of seats on a team, just the number of active users. Fixed. More storage for all.
- The pricing overview page was looking a bit wonky. We gave it the once over and it's much smarter now.
Previz 2.4.2 #
Released on Nov 2, 2017
- Ever get audio playing back from a hidden tab? We found (and fixed) a bug where the timeline would sometimes continue playback, even when you moved out of a project, and back to the app homepage. And we thought we were going crazy there for a minute.
Previz 2.4.1 #
Released on Nov 1, 2017
- It's a red-letter day. Say hello to our new renderer! It looks exactly the same, but it's 2355% quicker (*not a real measurement). Under the hood we've completely changed our render pipeline. FPS are more stable, idle performance is top notch. We've even added that new car smell to the codebase.
- We now email the account email whenever a new API token is created from the Account > API page. Better safe than sorry.
- Added support for annual billing. Pay for 12 months and SAVE SAVE SAVE!
Previz 2.4.0 #
Released on Oct 26, 2017
- There were some API calls that weren't as efficient as they could have been. We've been over the calls with a fine tooth-comb (a query profiler) and given them a good talking to (we rewrote them) so now they're all lean and mean.
- Just like above, some endpoints (looking at you teams) were returning unnecessary detail for some requests. They've gone on a diet, and now return just what's actually needed.
Previz 1.0.0 #
Released on Jan 9, 2017
- First release